“Guaschalocro recipe” is the english version for one of the most popular recipes of Argentine food.
In previous months, we had the pleasure of talking with Martin Lippo, who promised us to share a typical Argentine recipe.
Very representative in the latin flavors, and Martin is a man of his word 🙂
Here you have the recipe in english.
I should add that this dish mainly consumed in Argentina, is very popular and can cause confusion with another only called locro.
Another day we will talk about the locro eaten in Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and even in Colombia (in the south).
Due to its characteristics, this dish is a winter special and it is best during this season ..
Recipe for Guaschalocro
250g of stewed beef
1 liter of beef broth
Creole potato 200g
250g pumpkin (squash)
200g peeled beans
100g fresh goat cheese
1 red onion
2 green onions
1 tablespoon of veal fat
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
ground red pepper
dry yellow pepper
locoto aji dry
- Heat the fat in a double bottom pan
- Add the chopped onion and sauté with cumin and peppers (spicy according to taste desired)
- When the onion is golden, add the diced meat and broth
- Bring it to boil, lower the heat and cook until the meat is tender
- Add salt to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes and squash, add the corn with sliced
- Add the beans and continue cooking until vegetables are tender
- Serve with crumbled goat cheese on top and the green part of the scallions very fine cut above